Tuesday, December 9, 2008

study break...

so im studying right and i keep humming this song i was listening to by floetry. the bestfriend always puts me up on some hott shyt. so i was like damn whats it called so i wrack my brain and bite my nails and............. i remembered! floetry let me in...

[Hook:]
Let me in [x2]

[Verse 1:]It’s kinda funny that you listen but you never show,
The kinda opening I’m hoping intertwines our soul.
It’s kinda silly that you really wanna let me know.
The kinda feeling that you’re dealing with you’re tryna cope.
I’m not perfect,
You’re not perfect.
This aint worth it,
You gotta know by now, I have good intentions,
But I got a temper,
Baby still remember, what we’re here to do.

I wanna help you ‘cause, I think that we can beat whatever.
I wanna prove to you,
Aint nothing gonna stop us never.
I wanna innerstand,
The type a moves you’re gonna choose.
I wanna show you baby.
This way we’ll never loose.

I’m in need of,
Your love darling,
If we keep on,
Starting over and,
Over baby,
Miscommunicating.
Then I’ll still be waiting.
Let me.

[hook]

[Verse 2:]
Something’s troubling it’s worrying,
And I can see.
Something different, bout the way you interact with me.
Something peculiar, I’m telling ya, it shouldn’t be,
Something singular,
When really it’s about the we.
You’ve been thinking, I’ve been thinking,
But we should be talking.
Our hearts apart are coming to their own assumptions.
They’re still in love and,
We need to need to know it,
There’s nothing else to prove.

Why you hesitate,
About debating on the real?
Why you acting like, I’m not your friend, I’m just your girl.
Why you tryna keep on hiding what I know you feel.
Why you trying to fight alone
You know I know the deal.
You’re in need of,
My love baby,
We can’t keep on,
Denying fate it is,
What it is to be.
You and Me.
Can’t you see?
Let me.

[Bridge:]
You gotta let me in,
So I can understand.
See I’m your lady,
And baby you’re my man.
You gotta let me know, I’m not letting go.
I wanna see forever,
With you baby oh!
You gotta let me see,
The pain will leave.
And I’m gone nurse ya, I’ll make it better.
You gotta let me in.
You’re the one I love.
I miss your kiss and hugging.
Don’t wanna hurt for nothing.

[hook]

[Outro:]
You know, I’m just trying to be there.
We’re on the same side baby.
It’s me and you.
You know the cool!
I got you.

wow, right? ya i know. so i consider myself a pretty open person. i take advice well, i give advice well, i seek others for council, and im there when others need council. and it gets me fucked up everytime! ok maybe not every time but it seems like my openess is always to my demise. i used to be a blindly trusting person, i wnt even lie about it, i would trust anyone because i just wanted to believe that people were good. well people are bad and much to my dismay they always let me down. so the song, it had me thinkin that there's no middle ground...like if you trust too easily you get screwed over, but if you shut people out in this attempt to protect yourself youre really losing out on the good too. so im like hell, im damned if i trust im damned if i dnt...thats so wack. so the bestfriend is a very private person and im always trying to get him to open up and talk about things but im realizing now that maybe he has a far better system than i. trust no one, and youll never be hurt. you'll be alone but youll never be hurt. its a win, lose but very few things in life are a win,win. idk but it just seems like for the handful of good ppl you can find in this world, you have to go thru like 50 million liars, 30 million fake people, and years worth of heartache. idk about you, but i dnt hav time to sift thru that much fuckery. so i think, and ive actually been doing this for a while, ima relay some bricks. ive allowed my wall to be cut down brick by brick and ive been left ass out and vulnerable. no bueno. so ima spackle some cracks and pull back because i know all to well the feeling of betrayal and believe you me itll leave you face down on 3rd bloody and battered and i wnt be caught up like that again.
you may say, maya thats not good to shut out people. ya well world its not a good idea to leave yourself open to be taken advantage of either. i dnt wanta be cold but i dnt wanta be hurt. there's never any reciprocity to this life and this one sided bullshyt gets old. like the whole fairytale, flowers, and giggles is some lie they tell children because if we had realized long ago the ways of this earth we woulda put a pistol in our mouths by 6th grade. damn that was dark....sorry. but had we known then what we've learned by now, it all wouldnt be nearly as glamorous as we thought itd be...
idk...i really dk... but i do know i like that song...

xo

No comments: