Friday, July 25, 2008

clear mind


so my homegirl was feeling a lil "thick" so she asked me "maya, will you take me running?" hell i look like?! but i had just had a convo with tha same friend, Live, who is continually jinxing me, everything i have ever said has brought about the adverse, ima start watching my tongue around him. he must be completely in tuned with all tha things my life has coming for me. in a convo about his hectic job i told him my job is easy, i read magazines and chill all day. the next day, i worked like a slave. after a very dramatic drunken nite with friends i told him i rarely cry. the next day i boo whoo'ed like a baby. in another convo about him and his marine style workout i told i haven't really did anything since basketball. i ran a mile last nite! so thank you Live, for completely ruining my lazy, fat life.
my homie used ta be a sprinter, she's 5'3, and runs in bursts. i'm 5'9 1/2, with a long stride. she couldnt hang...i left her. lol sorry boo. ipod'ed up i was in tha zone. smooth sailing. a clarity came over me and i found myself listening to my heart-praying. alone on the roads, if youve ever been to my side of antioch the streets are usually wet from natural springs. street lights make a gleaming tunnel to an unknown destination-i'll choose the one less traveled.i figured it would make all the difference, in some poetic sense of life choices. (robert frost the road not taken). so im full stride, steady pace. as im cooling down walkin up my street i feel a certain relaxation, triumph for having completed a mile with such ease. maybe i still got it. and now im thinking ill make this a habit, this strong run of clarity...ya i will.

No comments: