Sunday, October 26, 2008

its just us against the world

i dnt cry, its not my style, its messy and its weak but last night i boo whoo'ed like bitch. i get tired of saving face and frontin' like the things that happen dnt take their ever lasting toll me. but just now i read a message in my inbox and followed the link to a blog i had never read, ever heard of, but that was gonna make my day- make my life! and make me cry...
i met him in a class freshman yr. and instantly we clicked. and on one rainy day to the bank, i knew you were here to stay. you dnt know when ppl will cross your path or enter your life and you really dnt know how much they can change and improve your every existence. and had i known then everything i know now i would have hugged him before he ever said your name and thank hi for what he was going to do to me.
i can put those closest to me on my hands, and the thumb, sir, is definitely for you, off top. it really doesnt seem like enough but...thank you. thank you for every hug, for every smile, every giggle,and every day. the sun doesnt set, i dnt go to bed, the day cnt be over and i havent invested priceless time in bestfriend. and i do honestly get jealous of anyone and everyone who gets too close to him, because i have convinced myself that if anyone gets the chance to see what i see theyll want him! and i dnt share! i WNT share. i cnt see most ppl for extended periods of time every day, theyd get on my nerves. but he's done something to me (no pun) that makes me hide his keys, and despise his back for hiding his face whenever he walk away. can i say...you mean more to me than i can truly ever express. friendship is sacred. im not talking middle skool sleep over, tell me a secret, BFF bullshyt, i mean honest friendship, genuine care for your wellbeing and happiness. me and him are sacred. and ppl can speculate but we know who we are and what we have.
last night (the day that NEVER happened -echo happened happened happened-) i knew he would understand. and it wasnt even what i said it was more so what we both felt. and as we stood in the kitchen i realized and i pray he knows that ill never leave him, even when he cnt face me, ill stand behind him, ill hold his hand, ill understand. and i realized as the sun rose on our conversation that i dnt know what i'd do without him, but i thank God we're together.
he is the muzik to my stereo. the teeth to my smile. the sweet in my tea. you, bestfriend, are the perfect verse over a dope beat. behind every good man is a good woman. im in your corner, bestfriend. and youre in mine. i love you Martin.

-Coretta.

No comments: