Saturday, June 19, 2010

ink my whole body

cause i dont give a muthafukk!
if i wasnt an aspiring professional, a lady in the streets (ya dig), if i wasnt so self conscious (you know you are too in some way or another) id be so hit up, so inked. cause ever since September of 2007 ive been hooked. i only have 4 but i NEED more.
i did a little research for a project in high school on tattoos and fell head over everything in love. so this is how it works...1st pay your respects to your ancestors/parents. i did "daddy's lil girl" a wrap around wrist piece. then i did "JL" on my shoulder. i love that piece cause it was signed on my skin, so theyll never be another like it! top that! so then you begin to organize and capture your life, achievements, and all the things you go thru, learn from, and hopefully overcome. 3rd i did "Love Life" behind my ear. while that spot is a trendy tatt spot, i chose that spot and that phrase for the ever tragic gun shot wound it surrounds. so last summer i was feeling really stuck, stagnant in my current state. i was in need of change, progression and i just happened to read the entire collection of Maya Angelou's novels. the first is I Know Why The Caged Bird Sing that piece moved me, inspired me. if youve never read it, this is your invitation. ill even let you borrow my copy-nevermind. i dont share shyt i love. but Borders has it...any who, after that book and dwelling in my state i moved out, bought an apartment, stepped out on faith, and sang of freedom. my last tatt is a hummingbird taking flight off my back and the phrase "the caged bird sings of freedom" and bird cage off in the distant. thats another original piece. gon head and hate.
so next...i think i wanna defend my art. ive caught alot of slack for my ink, "Really Maya, youre a lady thats not beocming" "so when are you gonna stop" bitch never! and ya im still a lady me and my ink. so im listening to Lupe Fiasco and he made he made a comment about compromising for other people. my twist "never compromising. this is me...in ink." i want the ink to look like tagged graffiti, dripping, kinda messy. i like this line too "Love is 3 steps off a cliff: trust hope fall." i want the fall to be falling tho. ill put that one on my foot. ok this is my grand piece. on your side, just under your tittage. a cracked hour glass. within the sand in the glass "iff all we have is time" and then the spilled sand "dont waste mine" theres quite the story behind that one...well not really quite the story but a story, so i want it none the less.
i guess thats enough for now...
ill post pics of me that show my tatts well...enjoy.
i realized i dont have one of my ear piece...sorry.

No comments: