Tuesday, September 8, 2009

let the record show...

another one bites the dust.
i figure ill just make all my lonely dreams come true, even if i do it by my damn self. ill graduate move to DC and live in the heart of a city. ill teach at negro high skool and transform my students lives by infecting them with the passion i have for my ppl and the lasting knowledge that is History. i want my masters, my doctorate. i wanta be a tenured professor at a major HBCU and teach black lit, and sneakerology (it traces the history of sneakers and its influence in our culture) i wanta live in Harlem and have a son and name him in homage to the city that is full of all my fav things, elite black ppl, art, culture, and history. i wanta teach a skool yr in one city and then live a summer in a time share somewhere else. i wanta tattoo my life to memorialize my loves. nothing crazy, calm down, but i love the thought of timeless art. and even still, i wanta fall in love, real love, and have kids and a home. but i have to satisfy this urge to just "go". its burning a deep bottomless pit in my ever lonely heart. ive come to realize love is a joke, and that the only real love is that of God and that no person will ever love like He does. ive come to the sad sad sad realization that ive never known real love, and that all my futile attempts at love have failed miserably. oh well, another one bites the dust. so until "he" shows up with his handsome face and kind heart, with genuine love for all things creative and expressive, with his compassion and his manly-ness, im planning one hell of an escapade and he can either join me in my wide plank mahogany wood floor loft with oodles of contemporary and timeless art and odes to the great ones that came before me...or he can kick rocks.

ooh!! quote for the day, from my fav historical couple:
"I think at many points she educated me. When I met her, she was very concerned about all of the things that we are trying to do now. I never will forget that the first discussion that we had when we met was the whole question of racial injustice and economic injustice and the question of peace. And in her college days, she had been actively engaged in movements dealing with these problems. So that I must admit, I wish I could say, and satisfy my masculine ego, that I led her down this path. But I must say we went down together."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 1967

i want someone to say that about me...

No comments: