Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do you remember...

"Thursday morning rambling"
I have that same professor again but this time I'm here at 5 pm....dagger. Idk why but when I sit in courses like this one my mind takes off like crazy...
Lately there have been several events, different people, and small catalyst that have ignited something in me. The only one I'll share is this... I picked up my ex from the airport last week. He called from a pay phone at his layover and says he left his phone on the last flight and asks me to get him...of course me being the sweetheart I am, agree. Next scene. At the airport I have to park cause I have no way to call him, of course I look great (never be seen by an ex looking anything but your best) so as soon as I walk in I get hit with a strong dejavu. This isnt the first time was a loving gf all smiles to get her love from visiting his family. I see him from a far grabbing his bags and for the first time in a long time I missed him, I smiled. Keep in mind my ex is fine, baby boy is bad...smh, bites lip...so he walks up,wraps me up and breathes me in like he missed me more than he can begin to say. Next scene. So we're driving out the airport and he says "you got a hour or 2 for me" (stop being nasty lol) he wanted to go eat. Ok, I say all that to say this...he appreciates me. He adored me when we were together and he's remained loyal and true after we called it quits. It was what I needed. I needed to be reminded of my worth and looked at like I'm precious.
I di my best to take something from anyone I deal with, to learn something about myself, and apply a lesson to my life. Randi taught me I'm special that I embody the characteristics that men love in good women. It's not that I ever doubted my love but as a woman...I need to hear it. I heard it last week, thank you.
If you're reading this I hope you encounter someone that gives your life meaning. Maybe we weren't in love, maybe we were just giddy kids telling secrets under the moon at the lake and entertaining ideas of real love. I knew we weren't going to be forever, he's too bad, too thug. I loved his detroit accent and those timberlands and fitted caps. Oohh and all thise tattoos....damn. But his love and his commitment is priceless. He was confirmation of worth, my gentle beast. I never want a be a trophy, they seem empty and all looks to me, but he showcased me proudly, not like look what I pulled but a physical reminder that he was better than where he was, that he could be more than what he's been. If I ever I had a chance at love he would be it. Unconditional, no make-up, no money, real happiness, that was the year I grew the most, learned the most, and fell the deepest.
I say all that to say this...I am special. Some times you have to tell yourself because the person you may wanna hear it from hasn't noticed yet. Think highly of yourself , not overly prideful but high enough to know you deserve the best that life has to offer.

No comments: