Monday, August 9, 2010

its doesnt have to be a war!

ITS JUST HAIR!
so by now we all know ive decided to get dreaded up! and to those few ive actually told ive received very polar responses. all my Happy Nappy friends Doodle MaryJane RikaMyLove CourtneyTheBody TayTooFancyHuh and of course AleesaFace are all like welcome to the Nappy Side and i love them for their support. while others have been like YOURE GONNA DO WHAT?! OMG THAT SO NOT YOU! SO NOT CUTE! well you select few must KNOW me as well as you THOUGHT you did cause ive always wanted Locks.
now let me be clear...im not all on this go green, embrace the roots natural kick, it really makes me no difference this is a change ive wanted for me! not necessarily the emancipation of the enslavement of perm its by no means that radical. if Locks was a processed style id still do it!
but while i was reading one of Jah's posts where she interview a natural girl a question was posed on her thoughts on the statement "natural isnt for everyone" guess i could go click and look but Harajukku is dying and im in a rush. but the girl in turn responds with...
I kind of have to agree....its not about beauty but some ppl dont want natural hair there for its not it isnt for you. theres nothing wrong with straight hair. It's when ppl begin to tear one another down for having the hair they have, thats when i get upset!
Somebody give this girl a cookie! thank you! theres nothing that makes me madder (not a word) than #TeamNatural knockin #TeamCreamyCrack thats just some ppl's swag. just be cause ur natural doesnt make u more Black! just because ur sew-in doesnt give you more swag. beauty isnt skin deep.long hair dont care doesnt only apply to natural hair. if you workin yo Yaki bitch work it, if you killin the game with your fro ill arrange the funeral. do you! stop knockin other ppl. as for me, i cant do the big chop! call me vain or whatever else its just not me. now when i show up dreaded up dont look at me like i betrayed my team...no hoe! i stayed tru to me.

1 comment:

Dori said...

Yasssss! No way is the "right" way. It's just up to the idividual to decide what they prefer. Ya know! It really has become too much of war.